KUHSC Vision Statement
Kingston upon Hull Swimming club is committed to providing services for our members,
supporters, affiliates and the interested public. We value these members of the swimming
community, and the staff and volunteers who serve them. We are committed to
excellence and the improvement of our sport. We are committed to providing a safe and
positive environment for all members.
Kingston Upon Hull Swimming Club is a competitive swimming club with the purpose and
- Advance the sport of swimming
- Increase participation in competitive swimming
- Recruit individuals who share our vision
- Provide swimmers with the highest quality coaching
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and productive swimming environment
- Recognise each individual and value his or her role in the success of our organisation
- Encourage positive mental attitudes and mutual respect
- Ensure that swimmers and volunteers have a positive and enjoyable experience during their period of membership of the club
- Teach and develop life skills through our swimming programme
- Provide swimmers with the opportunities to grow and reach their highest possible level of achievement
- Promote and develop the voluntary side of amateur sport.
- Excellence & Work Ethic: Reach maximum potential as an individual athlete
- Team Values: Promote the values of Team participation in addition to those of individual excellence
- Education: Develop and maintain a strong educational programme for swimmers and volunteers
- Entitlement: Promote the right to participate in and access high quality and appropriate experiences within swimming
- Accessibility: To adapt provision to fit the needs of people with varying requirements subject to the limitations of the pools managed by Hull Culture and Leisure.
- Inclusion: Wherever and whenever possible, to provide access for all to the same quality of provision, and if necessary to use positive action to ensure this. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination.
- Integrity: Whatever we do as a club to change or adapt provision, it must be of equal
worth, challenging, relevant and in no way patronising or causing disadvantage to any particular group.
“It’s not enough to simply dream, you have to dream big!
Anything is possible you just need to believe it.
Whether you think you can or you can’t you’re right.”