Competition ExpectationsCoaches are encouraged not to have discussions with athletes until after the swim down has been completed.
Likewise, athletes should not have discussions with parents until after the swim down and until after the athlete has had a discussion with the coach.
The aim of the swim down is to achieve a heart rate of 80 beats per minute at the end of the swim down.
- After taking some replacement fluid and a snack each swimmer is asked to swim in the stroke that they have just finished (combination fly drill and freestyle for butterfliers ( 4 x 100 or straight 400 )
- Heart rate to be checked at end of 400 to make sure that speed is fast or slow enough. The swimmer is encouraged to take replacement fluid at the end of the 400.
- The swimmers should then swim any stroke for the next 400, going through all stokes if they want, but to have 4 bursts of 10 to 15 metres in the stroke of their competition
- If the heart rate at the end of the second 400 does not get to 80 beats per minute, the swimmer should swim a 200 metre preferably in the stroke of the competition
- 200 swims should continue until 80 beats per minute is reached or 1400 has been swum and a coaches decision is made
KUHSC A/B Easter Meet (2015)
KUHSC Easter A/B Short Course Meet 2015
Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April 2015
Ennerdale Leisure Centre, Hull
Entries to be in by 1st March 2015
To view the Qualifier Meet documentatiion then goto the Gala menu or download the document by clicking HERE.
Posted : Monday, Dec 29 2014
Recent Club News
Help Your Club
Help raise funds for the Kingston Upon Hull Swimming club by buying online through our sponsorship Web site. Every purchase you make at your normal online shopping sites will attract donations which will be made directly to the club as well as you getting discounts also. Every little helps!! Tell your friends too.
Visit our shopping site now by clicking here
Boomerang Data Consultants Ltd
Malcolm Kirkwood Insurances & Mortgages